My partner has been granted a very well deserved year-long sabbatical starting in late May and that got me thinking about what my days would look like if I had a small sabbatical. Fortunately Mozilla’s offices will be closing over the winter holidays so I’ll have about 2 weeks to enact this plan.
- Run in the morning (if rained out, yoga) every other morning
- Spanish lessons
- Take the dogs for a 3-4 mile hike on non-run days, otherwise the usual 45 min loop
- Practice stickhandling skills
- Play Guitar & Ukelele
- Dog training & games
- Cook a new recipe for dinner
- Work on an interesting web project (I have several in half-finished states, would like to FINISH one) OR
- Play cards/Catan/some new game
I’ll be trying my best to follow that agenda for 2 weeks straight and I expect to feel a sense of accomplishment in several areas of interest by the end of it.