I’m not sure where things are going wrong right now so I am hoping that you – faithful readers – will be able to help me out. I have run the “make buildsymbols” and checked with srctool.exe to confirm that the pdb files are source indexed. So following that I made an installer to see if I could attach it in Visual Studio and pull some code. However I am not getting the symbols to load.
Here’s what I have:
- A modified symbolstore.py: http://pastebin.mozilla.org/255918
- Symbols and source indexed .pdb files here: http://avnerd.tv/symbols/test/crashreporter-symbols-firefox-3.0b2pre-WINNT-2007120422
- An installer for the build I was working on when I did this: http://avnerd.tv/sharedFiles/ff_SourceServer.exe.zip
When I point Visual Studio to the symbols I can’t get anything to load up. So this means that I am unable to test if the source indexed code’s cvs commands actually work.
There weren’t any gotchas the last time I uploaded symbols – so I’m not sure where to begin in figuring out why Visual Studio isn’t grabbing them properly.
I have to work all day tomorrow – and I have a big assignment still to work on for my BTS system design class, so anyone who can take a minute to poke at this and give me any feedback would be a hero!