After Dave’s blog post put out the call for 50 visualizations using the new Audio API in Firefox 4 I decided it was time to stop thinking about learning processing and its .js version and time to start doing things with it. So I took a few hours on Saturday to poke at the code that Dave put up and after a lot of shots in the dark I came up with this but I was disappointed in how simple my results seemed after so much time spent. Today I went back to the book and learned a few more processing tricks which inspired me to hack on the audio visualizations again.
|Second attempt at audio visualization|
I’m really glad Dave put out the challenge, and that I made the time to teach myself something new.
One thought on “Playing with Audio Visualization”
Glad you found the Audio API info on MDN useful. Those pages were written just a few weeks ago by Sebastian Perez Vasseur at the MDN documentation sprint.